Elder abuse BBC UK. A poster hits nail on head

Started by Julian, Jun 05, 2006, 05:09 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Julian

BBC are running a have your say on elder abuse:-

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=2027&&edition=1&ttl=20060605130251

One poster writes:-

But this is generally abuse by women on those in their care. That being the case we will do nothing about it.

Gerry, Glasgow

WACK!!!

Wookie

I have leaflets from Age Concern at my office about Elder Abuse, But although women committ it more often all the examples in the leaflet are Men committing the act!!

Wookie
he Light That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long - Blade Runner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Celtic Druid

Quote from: "Wookie"
I have leaflets from Age Concern at my office about Elder Abuse, But although women committ it more often all the examples in the leaflet are Men committing the act!!

Wookie

That deliberately deceitful representation is sickeningly no different than the goverments approach to domestic violence - regardless of a huge body of empirical evidence to the contrary.

The only way to begin to tackle domestic violence/child abuse as well as  elder abuse - effectively - is to eradicate or/and destabilize the insidious ideology that maintains the lie.

And approach the problem from a gender neutral perspective. Until then both males (mostly) and females will continue to suffer as a consequence.
ttp://antimisandry.com

The internet has been like a lifeboat for mens opposition to the floodings of feminism.
--Celtic Druid

Respect is earned, not automatically attained by virtue of the arrangement of one's genitalia.
--Celtic Druid

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
Joseph Goebbels

Go Up