Female President Flops

Started by Christiane, Jun 10, 2006, 07:16 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "Sir Percy"
I cannot vote in the USA of course, being a durn furriner...

SP this Yankee has a lot of respect for you Aussies.  Not only are we both 'formerly British,' you all are descendents of prisoners and exiles who made good in one of the harshests places on earth.

If you want to come here and vote in our elections I wouldn't mind - no doubt you'd do better than many of own citizens.  Heck, just look at the moron we have in office now - somebody voted for him, just not the smart people.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Mr. Bad

Oh, and re. the show:  "Superwoman?"  Been there, done that.  Boring.  Plus, the main reason that the character was boring is because in our society you're not allowed to depict women who have flaws.  The author of the article  must not have received the memo from the feminists that women cannot be portrayed as anything but perfect.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

dr e

Intelligence is irrelevant when your choices are limited to bad or worse.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Somebody else

Quote from: "Dr Evil"

I'm still waiting for the "None of the above" choice on the ballots.
ust because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you.

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "Dr Evil"

Yeah, I hear you E.  Like Somebody else, I'm still waiting for the "none of the above" option.  I first heard Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedeys advocate for that option, and it makes a lot of sense.  If none of the candidates are acceptable, throw the election back in their faces until they come up with decent candidates that we can vote for with a good conscience.

Rob

Quote from: "Wookie"
Add to that:

You would have thought that Thatcher would have been a feminist icon, a grocers daugther who rose to the most powerful job in the country, but she was hated by them, because she didn't fall for their victim shit.

Wookie

Excellent, Wookie!

Isn't that what its all about?

I was a pre-teen/teen in the Thatcher days, but I never heard good old Margaret whine and snivel about how "extra hard" it was for her to rise to her position because she was a woman.

She got the position because she put forth her position on how to best run the WHOLE country, not how to fix the wage gap. Good God, why can't more people see this! Hitlery has feminism as her foremost issue. Female MP's here in Canada have feminism as their foremost issue! How about making your foremost issue being doing the best possible job for ALL of your constituents and not using the patriarchy as an excuse if you don't win the votes! Good Golly, there's a concept, eh?

Doesn't it turn your stomach to hear the talk of how "extra hard" it was for a woman to achieve ANYTHING because she was a woman? Good Lord! If Hitlery becomes Pres and gets impeached 6 months later because she proves to be the biggest sexist flake in history, the feminists will still make her to be greater than Lincoln because it was so much HARDER for her to become President...Blah...blah....bbbllllaaahhh....

Plain and Simple, I will vote for any man or woman who can make my life better. People who run on the premise that society will only be better by making men into more of villains is not trying to make my life better. Margaret Thatcher didn't run on that premise. The Queen, who is also my Queen by the way, doesn't operate on that premise either, therefore the Queen is welcome to stay being my Queen. Feminists can put that in their pipe and smoke it, eh?

CaptDMO

Quote from: "Mr. Bad"
Yeah, I hear you E.  Like Somebody else, I'm still waiting for the "none of the above" option.  

Best I can do- Usually in the paper the next day!
100 votes were cast,
Candidate A got 45 votes
Candidate B got 30 votes
Candidate C got 15 votes
2 write-ins.

When it begins to consistantly come out,
100 votes were cast
A got 5 votes
B got 2 votes
c got 2 votes
there were no write-ins

MAYBE the message will get across. Somehow I doubt it!
Side note:
Personally, I have never voted a single party ticket option in my life,
even if that was  the way my votes happened to align.

FP

Apolitical? Apolitical! Horsepucky. President Allen was far from apolitical in the two episodes I saw. They claimed she was a "moderate", her actions sure didnt show it.

neonsamurai

Quote from: "Mr. Bad"
Oh, and re. the show:  "Superwoman?"  Been there, done that.  Boring.  Plus, the main reason that the character was boring is because in our society you're not allowed to depict women who have flaws.  The author of the article  must not have received the memo from the feminists that women cannot be portrayed as anything but perfect.

That's right Mr Bad. Look at any strong female heroine of the past 10 years and they've all been these perfect, strong independent women, and that's boring. Superman would be the dullest superhero ever if he wasn't also Clark Kent, but with female heroines of late they've all been from the same all strengths, no weaknesses mold.

I honestly wonder how studio executives try to pitch these shows with strong, independent sassy women, who are great mums too. It's like the whole 'he's a cop who doesn't do things by the book' stereotype. Eventually we get so used to the cliché that it becomes a joke.

A story about Thatcher (love her or hate her) that I heard was when members of the cabinet went to the SAS CRW training grounds and went into the 'danger room'. Apparently the SAS have all VIP's go into the room which is used for anti siege training and then a group of SAS jump into the room and empty their SMG's into targets on the wall behind the visitors, demonstrating how they can avoid the hostages but hit the terrorists behind them. Normally the only person left standing is the SAS instructor showing the visitors around the base.

In this case though when the doors flew open and the SAS open fire, everyone hits the deck except the instructor and Thatcher. When the smoke clears and the last case hits the floor, Thatcher looks down at the home secretary and says "Oh for god's sake get up."

:lol:
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Wookie

Neon wrote:
A story about Thatcher (love her or hate her) that I heard was when members of the cabinet went to the SAS CRW training grounds and went into the 'danger room'. Apparently the SAS have all VIP's go into the room which is used for anti siege training and then a group of SAS jump into the room and empty their SMG's into targets on the wall behind the visitors, demonstrating how they can avoid the hostages but hit the terrorists behind them. Normally the only person left standing is the SAS instructor showing the visitors around the base.

In this case though when the doors flew open and the SAS open fire, everyone hits the deck except the instructor and Thatcher. When the smoke clears and the last case hits the floor, Thatcher looks down at the home secretary and says "Oh for god's sake get up."

I also read that she allowed them to drag her out of the room by her hair, as they have to be ruff in those siturations in order to get people out as quickly as possible.

She (again love her or hate her) was a clear example of a female leader that was no different from any male leader, she didn't bring peace to the world, stop all war, and have us living in a fluffy utopia.

Thats why the Fems don't like her, they bang on about how different it would be if women were incharge and she proved that a leader is a leader, what does or does not hang below makes no differents.

Wookie
he Light That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long - Blade Runner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Go Up