Here We Go Again

Started by Christiane, Jun 13, 2006, 07:45 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neonsamurai

I think you'd be swimming against the tide trying to convince SAHM's that the MRM is worthy of their time and effort. In the UK they are bombarded with daytime TV which is aimed solely at them and magazines like Ok! Now! Hello! Top Sante etc.

The majority of this media entertainment is just re-enforcing how hard it is to be a SAHM (just ask Oprah) and justifying their existence. Any program that tried to tell them how easy they have it, or that their husbands are working themselves to death or that they need to give more TLC to their significant others wouldn't be liked. Our media thrive on the victimhood of women because that's what gets the viewers to watch.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Galt

Quote from: "neonsamurai"
The majority of this media entertainment is just re-enforcing how hard it is to be a SAHM (just ask Oprah) and justifying their existence.

Oprah knows which side her bread is buttered on.

Mr. Bad

Good discussion folks.

Christiane, I hear you re. the need to finesse the message so that it's acceptable to the target audience, so I agree that being too harsh vis-a-vis 'if you're not an anti-feminist you're the enemy' isn't realistic or productive at the moment.  However, for me it's correct and appropriate, so I will continue to hold to that credo personally, in private, and here, among allies.  To the public the message will be softened.

As for SAHMs being natural allies of the MRM?  Sure - makes sense to me.  IMO love for husbands is one motivation, love for sons (their flesh and blood) is more strong, and maintaining the lifestyle they are accustomed to is the strongest.  Being realistic and not intentionally disparaging, I believe that the priority ranking for women is self-preservation first, then offspring, followed by spouse.  You almost never see women sacrificing themselves for others the way men do; men will literally sacrifice their lives for others.  In my experience women won't, they're very much about self-preservation first.  Thus, I believe that when recruiting SAHMs to the MRM we need to highlight what's in it for them, i.e., self-preservation, which I think is a no-brainer.  As you and others have noted, feminists have trashed SAHMs for decades, so it seems to me that is would be easy to prove to reasonable, rational people that feminists would like to see the SAHM lifestyle eliminated.  In other words, feminists want to force women who are SAHMs to give up their preferred, chosen lifestyle in order to suit the feminist's totalitarian idea of women's role in society.  To me that sounds like something out of the Stalinist Soviet Union or communist China and is most definitely anti-choice for women.  

Folks, self-preservation for the SAHM lifestyle is the key to their hearts.   Show them that the feminists are a direct threat to that and we're halfway there.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

contrarymary

Quote from: "typhonblue"
Quote from: "Christiane"
As always, I love you dearly.   Yes, target an insulted audience with half a brain, and you might get results.   How to go about that, I'm not an expert, but it can't be rocket science.  

The feminist movement has been ridiculing and insulting the SAHM segment of the female population for 20 years.   We're so done with them.   Woo us.   We love men.    We will come to you....       8)

Of course you love men. Without them you would be working.

Must resist responding.....must resist responding....must resist responding.....

Oh, fuck it.  

Real nice, Typhon. Real  nice.  Just lovely.  We can always count on you, can't we.  By "we", I mean the BOARD MEMBERS, not women.  And if you don't understand for what we can alway count on from you, there really isn't any hope for you is there?

EDITED because she's just not worth it.
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

contrarymary

Quote from: "Galt"
Raised 4-6 children, canned produce from her garden, raised livestock, sewed and laundered clothing(by hand), cleaned with lye and water, often hauled 40kg of water a day, etc. etc. Often in addition to bringing in money via a cottage industry.

She produced approximately 1/2 of what her family consumed.

Over the last century the bread winner has taken over the traditional tasks of the homesteader(now a home-maker). He(or, rarely, she) purchases clothing(previously made by the lady of the house), purchases fruits and vegetables (formerly harvested by the lady of the house), purchases meats (formerly raised, and often slaughtered, by the lady of the house) and also has basically taken over the tasks of cleaning by purchasing automated cleaning devices (such as vacuumes, washer and dryer, dishwasher, etc.)

Good points as usual, Typhonblue.

200 years ago being a homemaker was a back-breaking, full-time job for a lot of people, especially the rural population.

But as society has changed, men are still expected, and brainwashed into, taking on their full traditional responsibilities although this is no longer offset quid pro quo. The propensity on the part of women to "marry up" has remained, but I'm not sure anymore exactly WHAT some of them are offering in return.

What did Heather Mills provide in return for the very high lifestyle that Paul provided for her?  Besides sex?

And here we go - the same oh-so-predictable tag team. Galt and Typhon.

Oscar Wilde

Galt

Quote from: "contrarymary"

You realize, probably, that you're gossiping about the messengers instead of the message.

Any thoughts on the content itself?

contrarymary

We are working.   Go fuck yourself, tb.

I'll proudly take the warning, Dr. E.

:jump:

Oscar Wilde

neonsamurai

If they were a proper tag team in the WWF then I guess it'd be 'Gorgeous Galt' and 'Hurricane Blue. AKA Lady Typhoon'.

Let the smackdown commence!
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

contrarymary

Quote from: "Galt"

You realize, probably, that you're gossiping about the messengers instead of the message.

Any thoughts on the content itself?

Gossip?  Hardly.  As predictable as rain in Yorkshire in April.

No, I have no comment.  NONE.  I have no interest in having my thoughts picked apart by aasvogels who circle these threads in order to put down those of whom they are obviously jealous.

Oscar Wilde

Galt

If they were a proper tag team in the WWF then I guess it'd be 'Gorgeous Galt' and 'Hurricane Blue. AKA Lady Typhoon'.

:)

Gossip? Hardly. As predictable as rain in Yorkshire in April.

No, I have no comment. NONE. I have no interest in having my thoughts picked apart by aasvogels who circle these threads in order to put down those of whom they are obviously jealous.

:(

Galt

Galt

... picked apart by aasvogels ...

I think the better word for that is "Aasgeier".

contrarymary

Oh, I'd like to smack down someone, all right, but I think I have two warnings as it is.

But don't for a moment think I can't do it.  This 5'1" , 50 year old grandmom packs a mean whollop.

Oscar Wilde

Niall

As always, I love you dearly.   Yes, target an insulted audience with half a brain, and you might get results.   How to go about that, I'm not an expert, but it can't be rocket science.  

The feminist movement has been ridiculing and insulting the SAHM segment of the female population for 20 years.   We're so done with them.   Woo us.   We love men.    We will come to you....       8)

Of course you love men. Without them you would be working.

Must resist responding.....must resist responding....must resist responding.....

Oh, fuck it.  

Real nice, Typhon. Real  nice.  Just lovely.  We can always count on you, can't we.  By "we", I mean the BOARD MEMBERS, not women.  And if you don't understand for what we can alway count on from you, there really isn't any hope for you is there?

I share in your disappointment.

I'm disappointed but sadly not surprised. This is just the latest in an ongoing trend I've seen here at SYG -- any advice or suggestions offered here about strategy for the MRM that comes from a woman is immediately shit on or discredited for no reason other than that.

Dare I say it, but recognizing who your allies are does not seem to be the MRM's strong point.

Galt

Quote from: "Niall"
-- any advice or suggestions offered here about strategy for the MRM that comes from a woman is immediately shit on or discredited for no reason other than that.

Typhonblue is a woman. And you're apparently joining in with discrediting her statement.

While you simultaneously say that's bad.

Now you're really confusing me.

Go Up