Here We Go Again

Started by Christiane, Jun 13, 2006, 07:45 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Boy, go AWOL for a few days....

Funny how similar things are going on over at Hugo's, with the femherroids arguing that he's just not vociferous enough in denouncing someone who is coming around to feminist thinking, but isn't there yet.

Hi Gonz - I was wondering what happened to you.

You think what we're seeing here and over Hugo's is due to the phase of the moon, the hot weather, the earth passing through the tail of a comet or something else?     ;)
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

SIAM

Funny how similar things are going on over at Hugo's, with the femherroids arguing that he's just not vociferous enough in denouncing someone who is coming around to feminist thinking, but isn't there yet.

Yeah I've been reading that too. Actually makes me believe Hugo is utterly sincere in his beliefs while contrasted with a select number of regular posters there who are positively dripping with man-hate.  I disagree with Hugo a lot, but I will say this: he may be deluded, but he does come across as being sincere about his delusions.

contrarymary

This thread has certainly been a strange one. One poster attacks another by telling the poster to "fuck off" and then is portrayed as the victim of veiled personal attacks. It's hard to imagine going to a new board somewhere and telling one of the members to go fuck themselves and then to complain about the way I was treated. Maybe it's because I'm a guy.

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, I cannot let this one go.  

Dr. Evil, it's your board to do with what you wish, but I truly don't understand what YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

TB accused Christianne of USING MEN.  That was fine in your book, but it was NOT fine for Christianne to react to that heinous false accusation - and YES, SHE DID MEAN CHRISTIANNE. (sheesh)  But TB is clever that way - poor girl, bright as she is, she probably spent all of five seconds ascertaining how she could make a personal attack and make it seem as though it was not.

I am, quite frankly, shocked that you, as a psychologist, are not on to TB's extremely passive-agressive, ostensibly subtle (but shockingly obvious) manipulations here.  Biscuit Queen was so right about TB being able to "fly in under the radar".  

I completely broke the rules with my rant.  I take responsibility for that.  But I don't see how you don't see how Typhon continues to manipulate.  She's the first to decry the "batting your eyelashes" technique for attention, but she's got it down to a fine art.

I don't like her.  I make no apologies for that.  I understand her better than she thinks I do.  I won't analyze her here - that would be unfair and unkind.  

I think everyone here knows me for what I truly am - no, it's not always pretty, but it's very real.  I'm emotional, lonely, a bit insecure, volatile, sincere, dedicated.  I go off at times.  My language is apalling. (Yours would be too, if you spent 9 years as a JW unable to even say "damn".)

But I digress.

I shouldn't even be posting, what with my father so ill and yes, I'm afraid death is soon - but with all respect, I just don't see how you can't see it.

And no, I'm not paranoid.  In fact, I'm going to make a very bold statement here:  I'm actually very on target with my observations and have been called on numerous occassions a
"very wise woman".

Do I think you should change anything?  No, I do not.  If TB feels that way, fine - she should be able to express herself.  ANd I say this knowing that you let me off the hook without a warning for MY behaviour.

I know it's almost impossible to be even handed and fair in all instances, but I truly don't see where you have given fair consideration to BQ.  BQ was rational, respectful and fair, and basically she was blown off.  HEre, at least.  

And now I've said what I needed to say.  No, no one needed to hear it.  

But that's life.
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

contrarymary

While I'm at it, I also think Devia gets treated unfairly.
But in the final analysis, what I think does not matter at all.

I let TB bother me. The fault is mine.  But I still don't understand how you just don't see what she does here. I truly don't.  

Off to rest now.....I do feel a bit better.  And I know some here don't like me, and that's okay with me.  I am here for good and I'm going to work hard for the rights of fathers and men.

Oscar Wilde

alien

Quote from: "contrarymary"
While I'm at it, I also think Devia gets treated unfairly.
But in the final analysis, what I think does not matter at all.

I let TB bother me. The fault is mine.  But I still don't understand how you just don't see what she does here. I truly don't.  

Off to rest now.....I do feel a bit better.  And I know some here don't like me, and that's okay with me.  I am here for good and I'm going to work hard for the rights of fathers and men.

contrarymary, members of this forum do like you.

dr e

Well, CM I like you and value your presence here and will go through this one more time just for you.  Please hear me out.

Typhon said:

Of course you love men. Without them you would be working.

In my mind she was talking about women (SAHM's) in general not about Christiane.  Was it provocative?  Yes.  Was it rude?  Maybe so.  Was it against the rules here?  No.

Then Christiane responds with:

We are working. Go fuck yourself, tb.

Please notice that she didn't say I AM WORKING which would have shown us that she took Typhons statement to be solely directed towards her, she said WE ARE WORKING which says to me that she knew that the statement was directed towards a larger group.  A statement directed toward a larger group is not likely to be a personal attack on a single individual.  In fact that has been the ignition of all of this, that some folks are taking very personally other posters strong criticism of the groups to which they identify.  The thing to keep in mind is that criticism of the larger group is not an indictment upon any individual.  Does that make sense?  

Then of course she responds with her own personal attack on Typhon.  And we are off to the races.

I hope you can see why I decided to act the way I did.  This job it not an easy one and lately it is taking more and more of my time.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

The Biscuit Queen

Sorry, no, I do not think she meant in general. I think it was a very specific statement to Christiane.

If she had meant in general, she would have said "Of course SAHMs love men, without them they would be working.

She said " Of course you do"

Typhon is claiming Christiane is a user, who only can love a man because he is doing something for her. Typhon cannot know this, it is rude, and it is a personal insult.  You are really adding to what she said to see a general staement with that personal pronoun usage.

Christiane is responding as I often did, which is to defend the position AND herself, as she identifies with the position. 'We' is often used unconsiously because there are many SAHMs.

I, too, do not understand how a psychologist is missing this. While we SAHMs are allowing things to get personal, and should learn to have a thicker skin, TB is also breaking rules under your radar.

Notice she has not agreed with your assessment?
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

contrarymary

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Well, CM I like you and value your presence here and will go through this one more time just for you.  Please hear me out.

Typhon said:

In my mind she was talking about women (SAHM's) in general not about Christiane.  Was it provocative?  Yes.  Was it rude?  Maybe so.  Was it against the rules here?  No.

Then Christiane responds with:

We are working. Go fuck yourself, tb.

Please notice that she didn't say I AM WORKING which would have shown us that she took Typhons statement to be solely directed towards her, she said WE ARE WORKING which says to me that she knew that the statement was directed towards a larger group.  A statement directed toward a larger group is not likely to be a personal attack on a single individual.  In fact that has been the ignition of all of this, that some folks are taking very personally other posters strong criticism of the groups to which they identify.  The thing to keep in mind is that criticism of the larger group is not an indictment upon any individual.  Does that make sense?  

Then of course she responds with her own personal attack on Typhon.  And we are off to the races.

I hope you can see why I decided to act the way I did.  This job it not an easy one and lately it is taking more and more of my time.

I wish I could, but I can't.  Please note the bolded phrase, and see that even you understand that TB's attack was personal,   "Her own personal attack".  Meaning on some level, you understand TB was making a personal attack, or you would not have phrased it that way.

But I most certainly respect you, and understand the job you do is a difficult one.   I truly do.

Enough of this. I'm tired.  I don't imagine I'm the only one.
And thank you for your civil, considered response

Oscar Wilde

typhonblue

Oh jeezus. What a mire.

20 pages of peoples feelings being hurt. All this energy devoted to the emotions of women. Man oh man.

There wasn't this much blow-up when I called Malakas an asshat, or AngryHarry a poser, or NotooFembots a crazy old coot.(BTW, if you're paying attention Dr. Evil, I've managed to implicate myself in *3* infractions to the rules. If you want to ban me to stop this craziness, then you are in your rights to do so.)  

Lets take another look at it, shall we?

Quote from: "typhonblue"
Quote from: "Christiane"
As always, I love you dearly.   Yes, target an insulted audience with half a brain, and you might get results.   How to go about that, I'm not an expert, but it can't be rocket science.  

The feminist movement has been ridiculing and insulting the SAHM segment of the female population for 20 years.   We're so done with them.   Woo us.   We love men.    We will come to you....       8)

Christine says "****WE**** love men". As in "all or a majority of SAHMs".

I respond by saying "Of course *****YOU**** love men", thus refering to "all or a majority of SAHMs".

Now, why did I say something so rude.

Let me use one of my detested analogies.

Lets say your significant other, who you profess to love absolutely, says "Help! I'm hurting, I need you!"

Do you respond with "woo me. Tell me *why* I should help you?" Or do you get off your ass and do something? Either determine if your loved one needs help and give it, or determine that he doesn't and don't?

contrarymary

20 pages of peoples feelings being hurt. All this energy devoted to the emotions of women. Man oh man.

But it's MORE than OK for twenty pages to be devoted to your oh-so-erudite THOUGHTS.  

Why are YOUR THOUGHTS more important than MY EMOTIONS ????????????????????????????????????????
:roll:

Oh, wait, I forgot - you're on ignore.

Buh bye

Oscar Wilde

typhonblue

Quote from: "contrarymary"

But it's MORE than OK for twenty pages to be devoted to your oh-so-erudite THOUGHTS.

I don't think the entire 20 pages was devoted to my thoughts. But since this is a discussion group, I assume thoughts are welcome.

Why are YOUR THOUGHTS more important than MY EMOTIONS?

Because they're more relevant? Because thoughts can be discussed whereas emotions... what can they do except limit discussions or be a distraction?

VicVanity

So!!!!1 does this mean  , none, of the babes are gonna sleep with me ????

:lol:
quot;Women can help us, but they can't join us. There can be no male/female unity, until there is first some male unity."  Edited from Malcolm X

"Concerning non-violence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks." Malcolm X

"We want freedom by any means necessary. We want justice by any means necessary. We want equality by any means necessary." Malcom X

Christiane

If I might, just for a moment, be permitted to weigh in.

Lets say your significant other, who you profess to love absolutely, says "Help! I'm hurting, I need you!"

Do you respond with "woo me. Tell me *why* I should help you?" Or do you get off your ass and do something? Either determine if your loved one needs help and give it, or determine that he doesn't and don't?

Look, tb, I don't know where you get your analogies, but here again you are implying that SAHM's sit on our asses and do nothing to help our men when they're hurting, need us, and ask for our help.   This is a sweeping, general statement that is very insulting to the two SAHM's in this thread, who have obviously posted enough personal information here and previously, as to make any reasonable person know they are not this sort of person.

And the "woo us - we will come to you" part of my comment, pages and pages ago, was a take off on that movie, Field of Dreams, you know, "Built it and they will come".   I often say things in a joking, lighthearted manner, and the smilie was supposed to indicate that.   My meaning is that I don't think the majority of SAHM's are aware of the serious injustice being done to men.   I wasn't, and I am looking at things in a whole new way than I did before.   My point is that I think you'd find, as a movement, a potential source of support there.   That's all I'm saying.   It was meant in the best manner possible.

Look, I felt personally insulted, I fired back, I took a warning for it.   I'd say the same thing again.  It was worth the warning.  Happens all the time around here.

And being pissed off does not constitute victimhood.   I'd rather be called an ignorant slut than a victim.

Christiane

LOL...  I dunno.  You look pretty hot.   Might wanna rethink that collar though...    :wink:

typhonblue

Look, I felt personally insulted, I fired back, I took a warning for it.   I'd say the same thing again.  It was worth the warning.  Happens all the time around here.

And being pissed off does not constitute victimhood.   I'd rather be called an ignorant slut than a victim.

Fair enough.  :mrgreen:

Bad editing.

The "fair enough" should follow the "Happens all the time around here." Not the "...ignorant slut than a victim."

Go Up