Over at Hugo's - the petty problems feminists face

Started by SIAM, Jun 20, 2006, 02:14 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

johnnyp

Quote from: "Sir Farts-A-Lot"
Quote from: "IMHO"

2. Suicide rate of men

I think that is mostly because men are better at it, instead of just looking for attention. What's more likely to kill you, Tylenol or a Ruger?

Just saying...

Or another way to look at it is... men get things done instead of dithering.

I think society has pretty high expectations of men.  When I was coming up, I always felt a lot of pressure to earn the respect of people around me.  If I did not get any traction on my self development efforts... who knows what could have happened.

Now that I am older and have overcome or achieved many things, I am confident in myself and do not give a crap about society's expectations.
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

VicVanity

Guys like Hugo  only claim to be "pro-feminist" because they think it will help them get laid  .. and of course they are mistaken because no woman wants to have sex with man who has no back bone  and is sporting a larger Vagina than herself
quot;Women can help us, but they can't join us. There can be no male/female unity, until there is first some male unity."  Edited from Malcolm X

"Concerning non-violence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks." Malcolm X

"We want freedom by any means necessary. We want justice by any means necessary. We want equality by any means necessary." Malcom X

TheManOnTheStreet

Retracted.  Couldn't prove my statement.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

SIAM

Hugo does come across as incredibly idealistic - it's like he's suffering a crisis of conscience (brought on by his shady past) and has become overbearingly considerate to the rights of individuals he perceives to be 'oppressed' and perhaps these groups of people are ones he's f**ked over in the past (he was a self-confessed 'womaniser').

In his defence, he does come across as absolutely sincere (if deluded).

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "devia"
As a woman I have to say that Hugo is about the worst pussy I've ever seen. His whole being seems to be one big excuse.

This is a pretty accurate characterization of Hugo, but what amazes me is that Hugo has made a lucrative career out of being a pussy.  He even seems to relish in his role as house pussy for the feminists.  To me it's really pathetic, but I can also understand why:  For all their bluster, IMO most feminist women are very insecure people and therefore are intimidated by strong, self-assured men who won't take any shit from them or anyone else.  Thus, they surround themselves with boot-licking sychophants like Hugo in order to affirm the sense of superiority in the world.

That being said I enjoy reading Amp's blog even when I disagree. Both feminists but whole different types of animals.  Ok... one's an animal and ones the kind of creature a person is likely to step on.

Yes indeed, they are different animals and frankly I have a lot more respect for Hugo.  At least he has consistent priciples that he sticks with; Barry/Amp on the other hand is inconsistent and many times is disingenuous and IMO lacks integrity.  He presents himself as academically legitimate but fails to abide by fundamental academic principles.  With Hugo, what you see is what you get, while IMO Amp is a slippery serpent.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

SIAM

Yes indeed, they are different animals and frankly I have a lot more respect for Hugo. At least he has consistent priciples that he sticks with; Barry/Amp on the other hand is inconsistent and many times is disingenuous and IMO lacks integrity. He presents himself as academically legitimate but fails to abide by fundamental academic principles. With Hugo, what you see is what you get, while IMO Amp is a slippery serpent.

Agreed - I had long debates (really, arguments) with 'ampersand' on iFeminists a few years ago, and he comes across as truculant, angry.  He seems to enjoy being outrageous whereas Hugo is at least is more thoughtful and sincere (seriously).  There's a good thread over at Hugos now about how you can disagree but still respect the 'opposition' - he's getting a lot of shit off feminists there for saying this is so (he even calls Glenn Sacks a friend of his).  I disagree with Hugo on 99% of things, but I'll agree with him here.

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "IMHO"
Yes indeed, they are different animals and frankly I have a lot more respect for Hugo. At least he has consistent priciples that he sticks with; Barry/Amp on the other hand is inconsistent and many times is disingenuous and IMO lacks integrity. He presents himself as academically legitimate but fails to abide by fundamental academic principles. With Hugo, what you see is what you get, while IMO Amp is a slippery serpent.

Agreed - I had long debates (really, arguments) with 'ampersand' on iFeminists a few years ago, and he comes across as truculant, angry.  He seems to enjoy being outrageous whereas Hugo is at least is more thoughtful and sincere (seriously).  There's a good thread over at Hugos now about how you can disagree but still respect the 'opposition' - he's getting a lot of shit off feminists there for saying this is so (he even calls Glenn Sacks a friend of his).  I disagree with Hugo on 99% of things, but I'll agree with him here.

I saw that thread and while not encouraging anyone to go there and increase Hugo's hit counter, and thus his huge ego, I have to say that 1) the feminists' posts say a lot more about their level of intolerance than we ever could hope to; and 2) Gonz is doing a great job in pointing this out.

Also, I too did the dance with ampersand over at iFeminists a few years back (along with the intolerant and intolerable Brian Tomlinson) and had a similar experience as you.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Hombre

Quote from: "ShakeQ"
I don't know what Hugo's is, but I gather it is a feminist site or board?

Feminists also make a very big deal about the woman's "right" to an abortion. (Never a word from them about what the man might want for his developing offspring). It is perhaps feminism's most enduring mainstay cause. Something very questionable in my eyes about people who campaign so long and hard for the "right" to kill their unborn.

I also wonder how many of those same (left-wing) campaigners would at the same time be opposed to the death penalty for murderers.  :o

Lately I've begun to wonder if support for abortion isn't largely just a matter of people reacting to trigger words. In other words, they have an emotional reaction to phrases like "woman's right" which thereby determines their judgement. I'd bet if men were just as capable of getting pregnant, and there was no gender consideration to this than most of the "pro-choice" activists would be either unconcerned about or against abortion. In fact, that it happens to be women who get pregnant should have no bearing on whether or not an abortion is an acceptable thing to do, yet the "pro-choice" movement has discovered, (whether deliberately or by accident), that the focus on the words "women" and "rights" get many more people to react by supporting them.

The gender of the person who is pregnant is immaterial, yet many people form their opinions on this issue on that basis because of the trigger words. I imagine this is common, and also that the people who form their opinions that way tend to spend less time on the real meat of the issue when they discuss it, and more time repeating the trigger words that convinced them. Curse those... "LEFT WING CAMPAIGNERS"!  :wink:

Quote from: "Mr. Bad"
The death penalty is only applied when a person commits a heinous crime.

That seems a bit naive to me. In the same category as only men who rape are thrown in jail for it, police only use force against the violent protestors, and only terrorists need to worry about government spying.
ww.infowars.com

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "Hombre"
The death penalty is only applied when a person commits a heinous crime.

That seems a bit naive to me. In the same category as only men who rape are thrown in jail for it, police only use force against the violent protestors, and only terrorists need to worry about government spying.

Good point Hombre, however, if you carefully read my entire response you'll see that I do acknowledge that there are a significant number of innocent men who are executed.  Sorry if it wasn't clear enough from my original post.  The issue of eliminating false allegations and preventing punishment of the innocent (almost always men) is very important to me.

SIAM

Lately I've begun to wonder if support for abortion isn't largely just a matter of people reacting to trigger words. In other words, they have an emotional reaction to phrases like "woman's right" which thereby determines their judgement. I'd bet if men were just as capable of getting pregnant, and there was no gender consideration to this than most of the "pro-choice" activists would be either unconcerned about or against abortion. In fact, that it happens to be women who get pregnant should have no bearing on whether or not an abortion is an acceptable thing to do, yet the "pro-choice" movement has discovered, (whether deliberately or by accident), that the focus on the words "women" and "rights" get many more people to react by supporting them.

The gender of the person who is pregnant is immaterial, yet many people form their opinions on this issue on that basis because of the trigger words. I imagine this is common, and also that the people who form their opinions that way tend to spend less time on the real meat of the issue when they discuss it, and more time repeating the trigger words that convinced them. Curse those... "LEFT WING CAMPAIGNERS"!

Good point hombre - add to that a long list too:-

IF:-

- women had by far the highest suicide rate
- women lost custody of their children as easily as men do now
- women died 5-7 years younger than men
- women were 97-99% of soldier casualties in a war
- women were 92-93% of those killed at work
- women were battered by their husbands but the media and more importantly the law ignored them and focussed on men being battered by women

.......we'd see feminists frothing at the mouth about these issues.  Because it's actually men who suffer mainly the above issues, feminists (who supposedly are for equality) completely ignore them in the main.  Instead, they are concerned about women not being able to go topless, and not being treated as 'full human beings' (whatever that nebulous statement means).

Daymar

Quote from: "ShakeQ"
Something very questionable in my eyes about people who campaign so long and hard for the "right" to kill their unborn.

Exactly. How can you even consider wanting to be associated with someone who is such a slug they're willing to kill their own child for personal comfort? "I'm not ready to be a parent. I want to travel around and party and stuff." I would die myself before I let my child die.

jaketk

However, IMHO you forgot another 'big issue' for the crybabies over at Hugo's and elsewhere:  Body image.  Boys are committing suicide in record numbers while the femibabies over at Hugo's and elsewhere obssess about girls' concerns re. being 'too fat,' etc.  Sheesh :roll:

Right, except that if males were to look at topless women it would then be construed as objectification of women and attempted rape. Plus, it would cause huge problems (no pun intended) for the bra industry which has made a ton of money making breasts look bigger and better than they really are.

johnnyp

Mr. Bad wrote:
However, IMHO you forgot another 'big issue' for the crybabies over at Hugo's and elsewhere: Body image.

Do not forget about young men taking steroids to look more muscular and manly, only to have their liver fall out at 40.  Boys also take steroids because of expectations and drive to succeed in sports to prove one's worth.
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

The Gonzman

Hugo, hell.  He's been a piker this past week.  Did you catch the dust up in the femherroid blogosphere on whether giving head is a feminist act?

Talk about trivial concerns.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

no2fembots

As a woman I have to say that Hugo is about the worst pussy I've ever seen. His whole being seems to be one big excuse.

As a man, I could not agree more!  That so-called excuse for a man....!

I've met "pussy's" that had more balls than him!

I've met "manginas" with more testosterone per decilitre of blood than he has.

He gives new meaning to the word "simpering".

I wouldn't even call him a rectal faced chimp because he's a disgrace to all the other rectal faced chimps out there!

Fatuous, phony, fagged-out fop!
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Go Up