Female war vets sleep in cars & go hungry

Started by Billy, Feb 21, 2011, 04:45 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Billy

Feb 21, 2011, 04:45 PM Last Edit: Feb 21, 2011, 04:50 PM by Billy
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/02/21/starr.homeless.female.vets.cnn?iref=allsearch

Female war vets sleep in cars & go hungry

Many are reportedly victims of sexual abuse too.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/09/25/homeless.veterans/

U.S. seeing more female homeless veterans

With the U.S. Army now at 15 percent female, and more women providing supporting roles in combat zones, female vets are becoming homeless at a faster rate than men, said Department of Veterans Affairs spokesman Pete Doughert

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

The Biscuit Queen

Well, I feel for these women and I think it is a great idea to have programs for them to be able to stay connected with their children and get the therapy they need to get back on their feet.

It should, however, be proportionate to the help male homeless vets get, by percentage. If 80% of homeless vets are men, and they get x amount, then women should only get the corresponding 20%. Make it fair.

I imagine that is not happening.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Billy

Well, I feel for these women and I think it is a great idea to have programs for them to be able to stay connected with their children and get the therapy they need to get back on their feet.

It should, however, be proportionate to the help male homeless vets get, by percentage. If 80% of homeless vets are men, and they get x amount, then women should only get the corresponding 20%. Make it fair.

I imagine that is not happening.
No.

A while back I saw where they were paying for these female vets to stay for free in hotels after returning.
I've never heard such for men.

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
~Thomas Jefferson

Men don't need women to fulfill themselves spiritually. They only need them to realize they don't need them.
~Henry Makow

neoteny

female vets are becoming homeless at a faster rate than men

Yep, they're better than men even in this!  :greener:
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

The Biscuit Queen

female vets are becoming homeless at a faster rate than men

Yep, they're better than men even in this!  :greener:

Well it would be pretty easy since most homeless vets are already men.  :angryfire:
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

TheManOnTheStreet

Oh boo effing hoo!  Oh and notice the icing on the cake; "Many are reportedly victims of sexual abuse too."  Really?  Who is reporting this? Such effing BS...

When they start paying effing attention to the thousands upon thousands of MALE vets is these same if not worse conditions, I'll effing care...

Yes, this pisses me off...

I go up to the vets hospital every second thursday of the month with a couple other vets (from the ELKS) and these poor men... gesh... Let's just say that on several occasions on the ride home, I cried. 

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Go Up