Goodbye Feminism

Started by angryharry, Aug 21, 2005, 10:17 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

angryharry

For about the first half of the last century, the media - which heavily influence the way that people think and, hence, behave - was very much in the control of the governing elite.

For the second half of the last century, the media expanded, and women and feminists managed to dominate the agenda and the propaganda that emanated therefrom.

But now the internet has arrived.

And it is managing to exert a huge force.

And some 80% of the political activists on the internet are men.

Tra la la la la!
ttp://www.angryharry.com ... the only site in the entire world with the aforementioned domain address

bukowski

The only thing keeping feminism alive is chivalry, even though feminists will, all at the same time whine and bitch that it's dead, say they are oppressed by it, and then do whatever they can to keep it alive.

Galt

My eyes were first opened by the Internet.  I started on CNN (their message boards are long since gone) and then the MS boards (heavily radical feminist) - they told me to go to SheThinks, and then Dr. Evil announced the opening of his board.

I've really learned a lot from the Internet - also from your site, Angryharry.

natalie clifford barney

Quote from: "angryharry"
For about the first half of the last century, the media - which heavily influence the way that people think and, hence, behave - was very much in the control of the governing elite.

For the second half of the last century, the media expanded, and women and feminists managed to dominate the agenda and the propaganda that emanated therefrom.

Tra la la la la!

lmao, fantasy in cyberspace!

So what is your goal... world domination? Wait... men already do?

OK, what could it be? Not have to pay child support?

Every woman a June Cleaver?

Come on... isn't a whole lot better to work for solutions that move everyone toward equality?
o im gonna grab my soul
And leave my ego at the door
I'm gonna open up my eyes
So, c'mon sing along if ya wanna
Cry if ya hafta
Lean back into your lover's arms
Grab the hand of the person
Standing right next to you
Show them we are not afraid of who we are

~ Melissa Ferrick

SouthernGuy

I agree, the internet has been a boon to our movement. As men, we are raised to be problem solvers, self reliant and not to whine. To "take it like a man" if you will. Unlike many women, we tend to revel in the fact that we can solve our own problems without assistance from others. This strength, has also been our weakness, as we stood idly by while our rights were eroded and didn't band together sooner.

While I have always been politically active, being part of this movement and discussing men's issues publicly still carries a certain stigma. The 'net has given me the tools to stay current w/ regards to men's issues and to have at the tip of my tongue facts and statistics to counter the standard feminist rhetoric that gets spewed whenever we bring up our issues.

Thanks Al Gore!

SG

woof

Quote from: "natalie clifford barney"
Quote from: "angryharry"

Tra la la la la!

lmao, fantasy in cyberspace!

So what is your goal... world domination? Wait... men already do?

OK, what could it be? Not have to pay child support?

Come on... isn't a whole lot better to work for solutions that move everyone toward equality?

Define equality:   :idea:
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

Conspiracy Theory

It's either 1950's America or 1950's Russia.

Why always the absolutes?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

SouthernGuy

I wonder if, as a feminist, you could help us come up with some solutions to get women into the dangerous high paying jobs that men work to support their families. You know, the ones that can kill you, such as electricians, saturation divers, high rise steel workers, mining, oil rig workers, etc.

Men make up over 90% of annual workplace fatalities. How do we get this number down to 50% so we have equality?

Affirmative action? Hiring quotas?

SG

natalie clifford barney

We all have equal opportunity to pursue our goals and dreams, and are not restricted by virtue of our gender.
o im gonna grab my soul
Cry if ya hafta

~ Melissa Ferrick

Conspiracy Theory

We all have equal opportunity to pursue our goals and dreams, and are not restricted by virtue of our gender.

So what's your goal, what are your dreams?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

brian44

Which means we are far better off without feminism, which has an objective of anything but equality.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

angryharry

Hi Woof

You wanted a definition of equality - and I have found one! ...

ttp://www.angryharry.com ... the only site in the entire world with the aforementioned domain address

woof

And how, and where can't women pursue their dreams and goals today?

natalie clifford barney

Quote from: "SouthernGuy"

I wonder if, as a feminist, you could help us come up with some solutions to get women into the dangerous high paying jobs that men work to support their families. You know, the ones that can kill you, such as electricians, saturation divers, high rise steel workers, mining, oil rig workers, etc.

Men make up over 90% of annual workplace fatalities. How do we get this number down to 50% so we have equality?

Affirmative action? Hiring quotas?

SG

I wired 90% of my home, built probably 70% of it. a friend of mine built a 2400 square foot addition on her home. She also spent a summer on a Habitat For Humanity all woman crew. Next question?
o im gonna grab my soul
Cry if ya hafta

~ Melissa Ferrick

woof

Hi Harry,

thanks for the laugh..... :D

Go Up